In this policy, “us”, “we” or “our” means The Horde Network Pty Ltd (ABN 647 446 419).
We are committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Privacy Act”). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the APPs may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
- User name, display name, and password;
- Demographic information, such as age, race, and gender;
- Payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us;
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including by correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email via our website www.thehorde.com, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies, web beacons and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or
- Where required or authorised by law.
We may also collect Personal Information from third parties, including:
- third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- social media accounts and services, where you consent to us collecting such information from those services, including when you sign up to The Horde services or connect your third party social networking service profile to The Horde services;
- mailing lists;
- recruitment agencies; and/or
- contractors and business partners.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
The Horde will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Disclosing your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise in connection with providing our products and services to you, including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment and other transaction processors, photographic analysers, promotions agencies, customer support providers, statistical analysis providers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners (including for clarity as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of shares or assets);
- our sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Revolver Lane, 231 Chapel Street Prahran VIC 3181
+61 488 055 514